Spinach and Tomato Bruschetta
Perfect for the winter, since this is loaded with Vitamin C, here's a fresh, super healthy and delicious snack that can be served as an appetiser for a Xmas party or any time of year.
1 packed cup raw spinach, washed, dried, and very finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing the toasts
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup tomatoes, deseeded and chopped fine
Red chilli flakes (optional)
1 baguette (French bread) or 8 slices bread
½ cup hung curd, lightly salted
1. Marinate the finely chopped spinach in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for at least one hour. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, after marinating.
2. Marinate the tomatoes with pepper (not salt) and a tablespoon of olive oil, for at least one hour. Add some red chilli flakes, if you wish.
3. Cut the baguette at a sharp angle into 16 thin slices or cut the sliced bread into halves.
4. Lightly toast the bread in an oven, toaster or pan.
5. Assemble the bruschetta by first brushing the toast with olive oil, then putting a layer of spinach, then the tomatoes and finally a dollop of the hung curd. Serve immediately.